Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Drama

Kathryn (excuse me, Katte) is love with drama! The acting kind, and sometimes the life kind since she is age 12. She is currently in the Aiken Community Playhouse Youth Wing show called "Fairy Tail Bits and Bytes". I watched an open dress rehearsal and they will be putting it on next week. It is a very cute show aimed at preschool and elementary kids. She is a good actress, if I do say so myself and plays one of the dwarfs from Snow White called "Crabby". She has a fun-ole time being well, crabby!! Kat is also in a drama camp at USCA this week on acting for film and TV. It reminds me of my school days when I was in Amahl and the Night Visitors as the mother, and my friend Katherine Morrah and I put on plays about the Artful Dodger and Oliver.

I have been listening to RC Sproul recently on my ipod and am amazed at God's sovreignity. I am also amazed that I was a Calvinist before I knew who Calvin was. God plans everything, but He uses us in his plans! I want more than anything to get to heaven and have Jesus say to me "well done, good and faithful servant" and we can do that when we follow the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
This summer I am trying to do more reading, especially some classical literature. I just finished "A Little Princess" and "Anne of Green Gables" is next. The writing is just superb and stories like these have excellent morals, unlike most literature of today. I am also "bribing" Kathryn to read some of these classic stories. Her taste runs to fantasy, but we need these as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment