Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

He is risen indeed! Today is my first day of blogging. I felt called to do this for a while, but was intimidated by the technology. Finally this week I saw Megan Everitt's blog and it got me motivated. thank you Megan!
In the sermon at church today our pastor was talking about Leah. She wanted Jacob's love, but he did not give it. Leah prayed to the Lord and was blessed with sons. Her fourth son was Judah whose name means "praise". She gave the Lord praise and her trust and He gave her the incredible blessing of being the direct great, great, great, great (and several more) grandmother of Jesus! We may never know in this life how God will use us. However, if we follow Jesus He has promised that he makes "all things work together for our good" (Romans 8:28). On this Easter Sunday, I am praising God for all the wonderful things in my life--the foremost being that He has called me to be His daughter-- and my precious husband Doug, and two smart and talented children Patrick and Kathryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment